You can call Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule an appointment or just to get more information about our clinic and services. Allegheny Reproductive offers several scheduling options to meet your individual needs.
Toll Free: (800) 221-3988
Phone: (412) 661-8811
Scheduling An Abortion
Please allow about 10 minutes, have paper and pen and the following information:
- Confirmation of your pregnancy (positive pregnancy test)
- The first day of your last normal menstrual period
- Sonogram or pelvic exam results (if you’ve had one)
- Current or past medical problems and current use of medications
- Allergies to medications or latex
- Your blood type (helpful but not necessary)
- Correct spelling of your first and last name The name you provide when you schedule your appointment must match the name on your photo ID. If your last name has changed due to marriage, divorce, and your ID does not reflect the change, please bring another form of proof such as a marriage license, insurance card, etc. If you have any questions, please ask when you’re scheduling your appointment.
- Medical Insurance policy information(if you plan to use)
We will review your medical history, explain your options for care and what to expect on the day of your appointment. We will also schedule a time for you to recieve information from one our doctors as mandated under the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act.
Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act
The state of Pennsylvania requires that all women seeking an abortion receive specific information from a physician at least 24 hours prior to the abortion procedure. At Allegheny Reproductive Health Center, you can receive this information by phone or come to the clinic several days before your appointment. If you choose to come in, you can also complete pre-procedure paperwork, testing and counseling saving you time on the day of the procedure. Please see our Scheduling Options for more information
If you are unsure about your decision, consider meeting with one of our counselors for Options Counseling before scheduling your abortion. This will give you the opportunity to thoroughly explore the decision and is provided at no charge. All ARHC counselors have a master’s degree and are experienced in helping women and men identify and address the emotional, spiritual and relationship issues related to pregnancy decisions.
*Appointments for abortions are scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays. IV sedation is available on Saturdays and some weekdays.